We are always looking for volunteers join the PTA committee, however, if you feel you cannot commit the time, any help on fundraising event days is always much appreciated. If you have any ideas regarding fundraising, or where you feel we could improve on what we do, we are always keen to know. Please drop any hints and ideas off in the PTA box, or drop a note into the office. Alternatively, you can contact use via this form. Tell us any fundraising ideas you may have, how you feel we could improve an event or simply if you want to help on our fundraising events.
Welcome to Stock PTA. We’re a registered charity and our aim is to enrich the educational experience of our children by raising additional funds for the school. We also strive to develop a great sense of community by hosting a series of fun social gatherings that bring the whole school community, parents, children and staff – together. We are all very approachable, so if you want to ask us about joining, have a fundraising idea or ask about an event please just ask us.
If you are unsure who the PTA are, please look here: who-are-the-pta
What do we do?
We have a hardworking and enthusiastic PTA who are constantly searching for new ideas to help raise money for our wonderful school.
Here is a quick introduction to; What the PTA is about, What we do and Who we are, and most importantly how you can help!
What is the PTA?
Everyone who has a child at the school is automatically a member of the PTA; however, there are some parents (mostly mums but Dads are welcome too!) that are able to assist in the PTA, attend meetings and help organise events. We also have a say in where our money goes.
What does the PTA do?
The PTA help to raise much-needed funds for any extra accessories the teachers and pupils need. This is a quick summary of what we have raised:
- In the year to 31 July 2016, the provisional profits of the PTA exceeded £7,000 (audited figures will be presented at the PTA’s AGM in the new year). This is an increase on the previous year, where we raised £6,014.05.
- PTA investments for the 2015/16 academic year totalled over £8,000, and included:
○ contribution towards the rubber surface in the playground (£3,500);
○ new “smart” screen in the school hall (£3,000);
○ providing coaches and ice creams at the xmas panto (£1,223);
○ Tshirts for the Year 6 leavers (£246); and
○ rosettes for sports day (£189).
- PTA investments for Summer/Autumn 2016 include the following:
○ play equipment for the Reception outside area;
○ new scientific equipment for data collection/presentation, plus teacher training;
○ new carpet for Year 5;
○ new chairs and desks for Years 4 and 6 (due to arrive any day now);
○ additional educational resources to support our children in literacy and maths, plus teacher training; and
○ funding coaches and icecreams for the whole school at this year’s xmas panto!
- Planned spend for 2017 includes:
○ the development of a new, sensory garden area, which is being designed and implemented in conjunction with Writtle Agricultural College. Writtle College will provide labour and design expertise;
○ a new carpet for Year 6; and
○ Year 6 leavers’ tshirts.
● Other projects/investments will be confirmed later in the year.
We are very grateful to our team of helpers and all of the parents/carers who support our events without you, we couldn’t support the school’s investment programme!
…but it is not just about raising money – our PTA arranges events that the children love. PTA events can also help you to get to know other parents, teachers and school staff.