As a school, we have a clear vision of the education we want to offer, and of the characteristics we hope to develop in each and every pupil. We aspire to be school which offers high expectations, respect and enjoyment, and which expects good behaviour, respect and a commitment to learning in return.
We believe that children learn best when activities are stimulating. At our school we provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential. We are proud of our school and of the children in our care. We believe that special events and traditions play an important role in school life and see the school as a learning community where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves. It is our aim that, when our pupils leave us to continue their education in the secondary sector, they will have experienced and become proficient in a wide range of skills, have a sound knowledge of the basic educational requirements, possess lively enquiring minds, and the confidence with which to present themselves to their best advantage as they face the future.
We aim to nurture pupils who:
- Develop a love of learning and life in a caring and Christian Community
- Are confident, resourceful, enquiring and independent learners;
- Have self-esteem, self-confidence, self-discipline and an appropriate sense of responsibility;
- Have resilience and a desire to overcome challenges;
- Are able to build positive relationships with other people;
- Are responsible for their own learning;
- Are excited by, and take a pride in their learning;
- Develop healthy minds and healthy bodies;
- Are independent not just as learners but in life generally;
- Are able to use their initiative;
- Are rounded individuals who believe in their own potential
- Have high standards of behaviour and respect the ideas, attitudes, values and feelings of themselves and their community;
- Show respect and tolerance for all faiths and cultures;
- Are equipped to grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens.